Friday, May 27, 2011

May 27, 2011 - 44.72 Miles

Running: Well yesterdays run was really good.  I felt really good, just all in all a great run day.   I felt very very strong towards the end, and picked up the pace. According to my nifty thrifty Nike watch which is working again.  Note: Must download before 5 runs, or it wont work.  I did my best 5k at 45 minutes. Now I realize Im not breaking any land speed records or anything but I really felt strong. I didn't eat much dinner, so my stomach was kind of empty, and I felt hungry driving to the trail.  The weather was a cool 79 degrees.  Just the perfect storm for a great run.  Although I will say I woke up this morning with my knees hurting a bit. But I took some aleve, and now all seems to be in working condition.  Days like yesterday make you look forward to the next run day with a happy anticipation.  Im taking a much needed day off today, and then tomorrow is a big run with 11 1:30 runs.  Im hoping that I can do 4+ miles, that way I know Im moving forward to my 6.2 mile goal. 

Music: Ok I know Im a bit of a broken NPR Music app record, however they have an explosions in the sky concert streaming on there.  It is freaking epic.  EITS are a band that actually started in Midland Tx, and now live in Austin.  They are music only, no singing.  But man sonically they are just AMAZING. I own all their records, and the noise, texture, quiet, and loud moments they produce are just astounding.  See them in concert because its that much more loud and soft.  Seriously though, just check them out for free, and see if you likey.  Also NPR is streaming Eddie Vedders new record Ukulele songs.  Its okay.  I don't love the Ukulele but the way he uses could be mis-interpreted for a mandolin at times. I love his voice though.  He is one of the great singers of my generation.

Rangers: Play today against the Royals. I gets to go. Im excited.  The Halos lost yesterday, so that increased the Laws divisional lead to 1 full game.  good day sunshine. 

Well thats all I have today my lovely Zombies.  Hope you guys have a wonderful memorial day weekend, and remember what it is we are getting a day off for.  To remember the soldiers who have died for our rights, and freedoms.  Although sometimes it may seem as though we live in a nation that can't quite get our crap together, the one thing we can always seem to agree on is that the men and women who serve in the armed forces are awesome, and deserve every bit of our respect. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment