Friday, May 20, 2011

May 20, 2011

Running: Yesterday was the Run Day Fun Day, I did really good.  I actually drove over to this running trail we have by our house.  I have been getting murdered by the hills over by the house, so I thought maybe if I drove to that trail it would give me a little break from all the hills, and maybe I could judge if I was getting stronger, better, faster, you know all the usual BS. After all Ive been at this for almost a month, and I wanted to see if I had made some progress.  Also, my buddy who is a triathlete talked me into buying these shoelaces that you never have to tie, I hated them, and took them out yesterday.  They were hurting my big toe some how.  So I also wanted to see if regular shoelaces would make it hurt less.  Guess what....they did.  My toe and feet all together feel much better today.  Weird that rubber (or whatever they are) laces would cause that much pain.  Anywho, so I went over to the trail, and boy was I wrong about no hills.  There are a few areas that are so hill ridden I was really dying. However, I made it through.  I only ended up doing a little over 3 miles, and I was slower per mile than on Monday, but i think that was to be expected because of all the hills and massive wind blowing in my face due to an incoming storm. It was a tough outing considering I was trying to cheat myself and make it a little bit easier.  I guess thats what you get...right?  Im thinking also that I should repeat 1:30 week.  As I was running yesterday I started doing the math, and if I doubled up every week from now until the end it would be a 25 week program, which is a week over 6 months.  To be honest I think thats a much more attainable goal than running 6.2 miles in 3 months and a week.  I could see doing a 5 k in that, I mean after all Im basically there, but for long distance, I need time.  Also, Im a big fella and I don't want to put any more stress on my knees and ankles than I have to.  Hopefully I will be able to lose some of this weight throughout the process (Im using weight watchers and doing quite good. Its amazing how much easier life is when you don't feel like a slave to food) and with the weight loss maybe running will come easier and I can ditch the doubles, and move on to week after week.  Either way I don't have anything planned, so I don't really care how long it takes me.  Today is a completely off day, no nothing.  I really feel like I needed that today, so it came at a great time.  Tomorrow morning though, is back to run day fun day.

Rangers: Lost last night, they let the Royals back in the game in the later innings, as usual our pitching staff is week. We still lead the division so im not that upset.

Mavericks: Lost last night also to OKC.  Sad, because when I turned it off the Mavs were winning.  I don't watch a whole lot of basketball but it is the Western Conference Finals, so I'll watch that.  Just the Mavs though, I could care less about the heat or bulls, which has incidentally turned me completely off of sports radio, because all they talk about is lebron and the heat, and Im so damn sick of hearing about Lebron James.

Music: So I go to this website every day called Pop Candy, they offer up pop culture tidbits, with articles, reviews on movies, comic book stuff everything, and the other day she posted a link to Stereogum, where you could download 10 Bon Iver Covers for free.  I did, and man I have to say that guy is so awesome.  I loved his record-For Emma, Forever Ago, EP-Blood Bank, and this.  All 3 are so excellent.  I cant wait for the newest record to come out in June.  NPR music is going to stream it for free for a week before it comes out, which is so exciting. I plan on listening to it every day that week.  Any way my favorite cover of his is his version of Annie Lennox's Why.  Just download it you will enjoy it I promise.  Its a live cover and the audience participation is awesome as well.  My second favorite cover on the record is The Outfield Your Love.  Wonderful job.  All in all really surprised and happy with how wonderful these 10 free songs were. 

Thats all I got today my zombie loving peeps, tomorrow I go to sniper school.  More on that later.  Take care, get out, and spread the zombie love.

No comments:

Post a Comment