Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011

Hey Zomibes!  How is everyone?  Hope well.  This was a great but very fast weekend. On Saturday I went to Sniper Rifle training, and it was freaking awesome.  Learned to shot longer distance through using the MOA, and L/R on the scope.  Had two center shots, but was in the heart of the target every time pretty much.  It was a lot of fun, but like I said it was all day.  So I didn't get back home until Saturday evening, and my lovely wife was sick, or getting sick, so I had to take over for the little buddy that evening, and most of the day yesterday.  I didn't mind, after all she kept him all day Sat.  Yesterday, I decided to help out by going to the grocery store, and planning the meals for the week.  Turns out im not a bad cook after all.  Ive always been pretty good at the grill, but I like to buy easy things to make for the week.  I got stuff for tacos, hamburger helper, and chicken.  All in all I did a pretty good job I think.  I also grabbed some stuff for dinner last night. I decided to grill out since that's my summer specialty.  I made turkey burgers.  I think  I make the best Turkey Burgers,

Take 1lb of ground turkey meat, put it into a bowl.
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of Light Soy Sauce
3 tablespoon of BBQ sauce (preferably a sweet one)
1/4 of an onion chopped finely.

Mix all of the above together until you get it nice and mixed, and then throw into patties.  I also like to make a little sauce to put on the burgers while I'm cooking but I cant divulge that secret.  Sorry. Alot of turkey burger recipes want you to put in filler, but Ive found the filler usually causes the burger to break apart on the grill.  So I don't do that.  But its up to you.  I made turkey burgers, baked sweet potatoes, and peas.  The peas were OK.  All in all it was a good meal. The best part about it was that I put a piece of cheese on my sons burger, and he ate it up.  Ate the burger, ate the sweet potato, ate it all.  I was very happy because usually he doesn't eat much of what I cook for him.  We even got to do a little bit of swimming on Sunday, he and I.  He loves our pool, and we just motored around.  It was  a truly great day. A great day and weekend where I ate healthy, and feel awesome.  Didn't go off my diet, and that was awesome.

Running: I decided to run on Sunday, and sleep in a bit on Sat. since I had sniper rifle training. So yesterday I woke up early, and just couldn't pull my ass out of bed, so I ran about 11:45AM.  I ended up doing 3.3 which was exactly the same as 3.1, consisting of 11 runs.  I drove over to that trail to avoid the traffic,and it was overcast outside, so shouldn't have been to bad.  For some reason I just couldn't get into the groove.  Ended up doing alot less mileage wise than on Monday, and didn't reach the best mile time I had then either.  I felt OK, but my back was a little sore from taking the gun punishment on Sat.  Maybe that was it?  I don't know.  But either way I finished, and I was happy that I did.  I'm rerunning week 3 this week, so hopefully I will feel better, before I move on to week 4.  Kind of interesting that this week is actually week 5 of my exercise program.  I'm really starting to feel better, and my clothes are fitting a bit looser as well. That's nice.  Like I said though just feeling good about me again.  I wish I looked better, but that takes time. 

Music: The Civil Wars, I listened to some NPR program this weekend that had this awesome band on, and man there harmonizing, is just awesome.  I cant stop listening to there new record.  Its good, sort of reminds me of Damien Rice's first record O because of how its quiet, and lots of soft music at times, but then you get Barton Hollow which sounds like a bluegrass train, and gets the old blood pumping. Good record, and the two people in the band seem like just great people.  So go check it out.

Rangers: The Law lost 2 of 3 to the Phillie's this weekend, which just goes to show how if we make it to the fall classic again the NL is going to school us.  But Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz are supposed to be re-activated today, so maybe we can get back on the winning track?  We shall see that's for sure!

Thats all I got today and its alot. Have a great day Zombs.  Zombie OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment