Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011 - Total Miles 39

Running:  Well in the greater DFW area last night were storms that produced Tornadoes, so I didn't run outside.  I ran on the treadmill upstairs.  Instead of doing the a-typical week 3 program that I would have done had I been outside I decided to ramp up a bit.  I ran 3 minutes took a 3 minute break, ran 3 minutes, then moved down to 2 minutes with a 4 minute break for 56 minutes. All in all It came out to 17 minutes of total running. Not to shabby if I do say so myself.  Really kicked my ass, but thats cool with me. Here is my complaint with running on the treadmill.  A.) Im a big man.  So I have to walk at one speed, while I move up the speed to get to my running speed.  B.) Its alot of pressing buttons and watching the screen instead of letting my iPhone tell me when to run, and just sort of enjoying being out side.  What I like about the treadmill A.) I sweat  a ton, and that has to be good.  B.) I get to watch the Rangers play while Im running.  So maybe ultimately it all works itself out.  Still my preference is to go outside and get some fresh air.

Did you see the new title bar?  Yeah with the miles on it.  Thats the new thing Im going to do. Im going to keep a mile tracker up there, so you fabulous people can keep up with my miles.  Now, the bar keeps up with total miles since I started the couch to 10K app.  Just to clarify. 

Music:  A good friend of mine is in a band called the Zack Walther Band, they just put out a new record called Into The Fray, go check it out.  Its a pretty good record, Ive enjoyed it thoroughly. 

Rangers: the Law lost last night, Quintin hit two HR's off of Holland. So hard to come back from that, although I'll give it to them, they tried.  With this loss and the Halos win, the Law only have a .5 game lead on the AL West.  So lets hope we beat the WSox tonight, and the Angels lose.

Thats all I go today Zombies.  I hope you are all well, and I will hit you on the flippy flip.  Latres on the menge (I love you man reference).

No comments:

Post a Comment