Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26, 2011 - 41.5 Miles

Hey hey Zombie Party People, how the heck are ya?  Hope all is well with everyone. Things are good here in the TX. However, I did seem to catch my wife and sons cold.  Woke up this morning and my throat hurts, and nose is a little more runny than usual (allergies most of the time).  Nothing a little dayquil cant cure though.  So Im very excited to see the Hangover II this weekend.  I realize its going to be cheesy, and I don't expect to laugh nearly as hard as I did the first time I saw the hangover, but as long as its a little funny, Im happy.  The Mavericks are moving on to the NBA Finals.  One part of me really wants them to win, and the other hopes the heat win so I don't have to hear about Lebron, and not having a freaking NBA championship.  UGH! Its annoying!  Anywho.  Other than that things are going well here.  Just the usual, gearing up for the long weekend.  Which I am looking forward to. 

Running:  As you can tell by the mile counter yesterday I walked 2.5 miles.  It was my in between run day, and I don't run on those days.  Today is Run Day Fun Day though, and Im looking forward to it.  Thats a good sign right?  When you are looking forward to running?  In other running related news, my pants size has dropped to a 44.  I know I went shopping yesterday at lunch for some shorts, and that is the size I wear.  They were a little snug, but the 46's feel off me.  Im very excited at all the positives running is bringing to my life.  Interesting article yesterday about how your mile time at middle age can help determine what your heart risk is.  It was done by the good people at the Cooper Clinic in Dallas, which is just down the street from me.  If that place wasn't so expensive, Id be a member there. I also read a thing about how coffee in the morning can help jump start your metabolism. what does all this have to do with Running?  I don't know exactly, but its health related, and thats running related. See how I turned that around? Im like a word ninja, or at least man able to bend words and meaning to his will.

Music: Still listening to the usual Zack Walther, DCFC, & My Morning Jacket.  Still not sold on 2 of those 3. 

Rangers: The law won yesterday afternoon.  Keeping that .5 game lead on the Halos, since they won yesterday also.  However the rangers are off today, so if the Angels win, we lose our lead.  Bummer.  Good news is the royals come back to town this weekend, and Im going to the game on Friday!  Woohoo.  Excited.  Last time the Royals were in town they got swept.  Hope we can keep that up. 

Thats all I got today my little lovely zombies.  Have a good day, and eat them Bwains! 

No comments:

Post a Comment