Hey peeps and zombs. Thats short for Zombies. I use the term, not in the traditional sense, but more in people who sit on the couch watch TV, and veg all day. AKA...ME! I am a Zomb. I admit it. But Im starting to change that. I started the Couch to 10K app on my phone, and am currently on Week 2 workout 2. Since the app only does 3 days, Im almost done for the week. I thought I would use a blog to maybe talk about running, how Im trying to lose weight, as well as Baseball, and Football (if it ever comes back). Ohhh....also I love Music, and comic books. So Yeah Im a geek. Im also a luck geek, I have a wonderful wife, beautiful baby boy. Its because of my little boy I NEED to lose weight. I should mention that im an OU grad, and will talk alot about college football. Also im a 20game season ticket holder for the Texas Rangers so expect some of that as well.
Music: Currently I'm streaming Okkervil Rivers new record "I Am Very Far," off of the NPR music app. Great record. Id never really listened to much of their music before, so as a novice I really dig this stuff. However, don't know that I would buy this, album or rush to see them in concert. Still nice job
Rangers: Lost last night to the Mariners....again. Lately on the road we can't really seem to get any run support. Not sure if thats because of Josh Hamilton being out or not. However, the Crankees come to town this weekend, and hopefully we can get some redemption for the 2 losses in New York at the beginning of the year. Our pitching staff is suspect at best...AT BEST. So Im not really excited to see what happens but The Law has played well at home this year, so we shall see.
Running: Last night I did week 2 day 2 of the couch to 10 K app. It required 8-1 minute runs. Lasted a total of 46 Minutes. It really kicked my ass also. I was in an area over by my house that was all uphill on my way back. See I did 4 runs out, turned around and did 4 on the way back. Its well over 2.5 miles. The thing I never really paid attention to I guess was the fact that it was all down hill on the way out, and all uphill on the way back. The way back really worked me, and I was very out of breath but I managed through the pain. I was very very very tired though when I got home.
Thats all I got today, going to celebrate the anniversary with the MRS. tonight by going to dinner and then to see THOR! It better be good!
No comments:
Post a Comment