Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7. 2011

Well last night the mrs and I celebrated 3 awesome years together. We went to one of our favorite dinner places in Dallas, called Asian Mint. They have Asian fusion cuisine, and sushi. Went off the diet a bit, by having chicken and shrimp fried rice. Also had a Sapporo beer. Sara let me try some of her sushi and I'm not normally a fish person but it was good. Then we went and saw Thor. It was okay. Not my favorite of the marvel series. Reminded me of Iron Man 2. Little plot, little resolution set up for sequel and ultimately the avengers movie. It was okay I reiterate. So we went to bed a little late. Woke up at 545am and pulled my ass out of bed to finish up couch to 10k for the week. It was identical to Thursday's workout with 8-1 minute runs and a total of 46 minutes. I have these really cool motorola Bluetooth headphones. They kept messing up, and a few times it would blank out when I was supposed to get my running notification. So I made up for kyat other points. Today was tough what with the late night last night and salty food. But I pushed through. Once I was finished I looked at week 3's potential runs and I just don't think I'm quite ready to jump to 1:30 runs yet. Def not 10 of them. So I think I am going to repeat week2 so I can feel more confident about moving ahead. I'm not working towards a specific date to run a 10k and my feet at times hurt. I'm a big man and I feel like I need to give my body more prep time in order to remain well before getting big runs in. If I don't I might just be setting myself up to fail. I'll talk to my buddies who are runners and see what they think before I make any decisions. So until Monday I am resting. Tomorrow is mothers day so I have to do the good husband father thing.

Rangers: well the law lost last night. Matt Harrison got shelled by the cranks and losing his fourth game in a row. As I said the rangers pitching staff is suspect and starting to come apart. There isn't any real starters and hitters have figured them out. Tonight the rangers fight to stay above .500. Already behind in al central. So we shall see. Baseball has a he'll of a long season and there is a lot of games to be played. So hopefully we can turn it around in may and June to prepare for the hot ass summers in tx.

Music: I need a good running play list. I have been listening to Jacks Mannequin albums because they are pretty upbeat and bouncy. But I have to go to my extensive music library and figure out whatever i feel would make a kickass running list.

Well zombs that's all I got today. Watching the #9 MLB greatest game convo on MLB network, then off to the rangers game. So have a great day zombs and hug your moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment