Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June , 2011 Miles - 59.62

Hello my little zombies.  How is everyone?  Eat any bwains? Well it was a long weekend, followed by a long week off.  I left town for a few days, and was busy at work, just couldn't post even though I wanted to.  My memorial day was pretty good I have to say. I spent it with my family and friends.  I also got to see the  Hangover 2.  I'll just say it was okay, same joke format, same everything pretty much as the first.  Although they did take Stu to a VERY, VERY dark place. But all in all wasn't my favorite.  I expected more I guess, instead of the same.  Also saw Bridesmaids.  It was ok.  The chick from Mike and Molly is hilarious in it.  Her character made the movie.  Hoping to see Kung Fu Panda 2 at some point this week, and on vacation.

Running:  Well I woke up Saturday and did the last of the 1:30 runs.  Felt good and strong, even though it was hot as shit outside.  Thats one of my biggest gripes about Dallas, it doesn't really cool off that much at night. I mean when you go to bed and it 97, and you wake up and its 91 its not that much better.  So anyway I sweated my ass off on my run, and felt good.  The rest of the day I spent with my little boy, we ran some errands, and hung out just a great day.  I ran last night starting the 2 minute runs.  I have to say man, not sure Im ready for that crap.  I would say of the 11 I had to do, 4 of them I cut short.  Now to be fair I cut them short due to running up hills, but still.  It took a lot to get that going.  The other thing is since the app tells me when to run and not I have to wear my headphones, and listen to music.  This is a new experience for me, and I don't really like it. I thought that listening to music would help distract my mind, but it doesn't. I think Im going to have to figure something else out.  This headphone thing isn't working for me.  Still the nike+ watch is working well.  Toninght instead of taking a night off Im going to have to run my second day of the week.  Since Im going out of town, not sure I will have the opportunity to run tomorrow, and I konw I can do it on Friday or Saturday.  So its just a matter of sacrificing my day off today, to possibly get 2 days off in a row.  I know I know I should make time but my flight leaves at like 630, so I can't get up any earlier than 5 to go for a run. Im just not going to get up at 330 and go for a run.  NOT HAPPENING.

Wed 6-1-2011 Run: was a good run. It was rainny here again so I put the old treadmill to work again.  I sweat like a mother on the treadmill, and thats fine by me.  The more sweat the better.  Anyway I did 3 minute runs, then moved into 2 minute runs.  Like a boss.  Managed 3 miles on the mill, and was done. 

Saturday 6-4-2011: As I noted above (which was written on 6-1, Ive just edited it to make it more like it was today, except for the running which I left because I thats how I felt about the Tuesday May 31, 2011 run) I was leaving town. Went to Irvington VA for a friend of my wifes wedding.  Was ok.  I'll leave it at that.  But I did get to run on Saturday there.  I woke up early, and took off at about 6 am.  It was very cool outside, since Irvington is on the coast.  Irvington is a very, very small town.  So I just ran the streets and got to know some of the territory.  It was an ok run. I was a bit hungover from the night before, and didn't have alot of energy because of that.  So I might have to move the 2 minute run weeks to 3 in a row, just because I slacked, ate, enjoyed time with my wife, and drank. 

Rangers: Are or were on fire won 4 in a row from Cleveland, and then lost last night to the Tigers.  Which is to be expected when you sweep the best team in baseball. 

Thats all I got, hope you all have a great day, and I plan on getting back on the blogging schedule which includes a blog about my run tonight.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment