Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9, 2011 Miles- 66.33

Hey neighbors!  Just saw an old episode of Home Improvement. Sorry. So how is everyone today?  Good? Bad? Indifferent?  Before I get into my Uber shitty run last night I wasn't to talk about something else.  I want to talk about "so you think you can dance."  My wife watches this program, and I walked in after my run whilst it was on.  I couldn't demand she turn her favorite program, So I sat down with my laptop, and watched the Yankees, redsox game.  However, since I was in the same room as the above mentioned program, I noticed a lot of Crying.  The crying wasn't just with the ladies...ohhh no, the dudes were crying as well.  There was this one guy who looks kinda gangster crying, just crying every where.  It was really quite disturbing the amount of tears that was being shed.  I know Las Vegas is a town of both joy and sorrow but these skinny dancers take that to the extreme. I don't get it, and personally feel it was all a bit un-called for.  Ok so thats my rant.  Onto my other rant.

Running: Ok so my run started off well enough, I was going to do 10 - 2 minute runs.  For a grand total of about an hour.  Let me say it was 90 degrees outside as well.  So again started off great, ran strong but wanted to start off slow, so that I could maintain a pace the whole way through. Seemed like a great idea. So I made it the first 4 just fine, and then I started to get really hot and sweaty on the 5th one.  I mean real hot.  So I only did like 1.5 on that one.  I turned around, and bam the heat hit me like a sauna.  I realized that the wind I felt on the way out was not there the way back.  So I tried to push on. I made 1-2 more 2 minute runs, then the rest were all 1 - 1.5 minute runs. I just couldn't do it you know.  I was hot, and miserable.  At one point I lost track of how many runs I had done. It just wasn't good. Then towards the end of the run my right foot and toes started to hurt.  So all in all just not the best of days.  I dont' really know where i got off track on my running. Its been a month and a half, and I feel like I should be ruling these 2 minute runs but Im just not.  Im not giving up mind you but I am slightly discouraged today.  Also I tried again to run without music, not so good.  Im going to try with music this Saturday and see how I do.  If I do good, and feel good etc, then I might have to give up trying to run without.

Rangers: Finally beat the Tigers.  Thats all I have to say about that. 

Oklahoma Football: The sooners are ESPN's #1 football team in the country.  So that puts alot of pressure on my boys from Norman, but I don't care.  I think sadly with Austin Box dying (our senior middle linebacker), its going to give us the motivation to win it all this year.  If we win it will be Bob Stoops 2 national title in 6 tries. I think we will have a good squad this year, and Im looking forward to going to the Sugar Bowl.

Thats all I have today everyone.  Hope you all have a great day.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment