Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24, 2011 Mile 75

See I told you all that by the time I blogged next Id have a mileage update for you. I wouldn't say Ive lit the running world on fire, but hey something is better than nothing.  Its been hot here, and my hometown Odessa is getting it really bad.  They haven't had any rain in almost a year.  Sad, water rationing has taken place, and its only getting worse.  So please pray for rain in West Texas. 

Music: Yep, I'm going to start this out with Music.  Bon Iver.  The before mentioned persons new record came out, but even better than that, I have found his original band. DeYarmond Edison.  This is one of my favorite new bands.  These guys are absolutely spectacular.  Also Justin Vernons is Bon Iver's given name.  He is very talented.  If you like bon Iver, or DeYarmond Edison (Vernon's two middle names), check out Mount Vernon.  Not much out there to really listen to, but the Internet has helped me get my fix.  Thanks Internet!  Anyway on the new Bon Iver record, my fav tracks are, Holocene, Calgary, Beth/Rest.  Beth/Rest has a really cool Bruce Hornsby or 80's movie soundtrack feel.  Love that track. 

Running: So yesterday I plugged through 3 miles.  It wasn't bad.  Very very very hot.  When I was driving to my run my temp in the Tahoe said 97.  Yeah...at 7Pm.  Had a nice breeze on the way out, and didn't get very hot.  However that breeze only goes one way, so that means on the way back I had no breeze.  I was very hot.  But ended the day strong, felt ok, and now onto Friday.

Barefoot Running: Ive been reading this book called Born to Run (No its not about the Bruce Springsteen song), about a tribe in Mexico called the Tarahumarra (apologies if mispelled), and how they run many miles with sandals on.  It also talks a bit about Barefoot running or maybe minimalist running, and how its good for you because it can keep you injury free.  Im only half way through it, and between the new issue of The Drake (fly fishing magazine), and Fly Rod & Reel coming in Im trying to get back to it.  Its nice to have options.  Also this is completely off the subject...sort of, but at Costco the other day, they had Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter so I bought it.  Really looking forward to that.  Let me just say that we should read more.  My wife is the best about this, and Im not so good, still its nice to know I read enough books a year to keep me above the World average of 3 a year.

Rangers: Off last night, but the bullpen lost the game for them on Wed.  Colby Lewis did a good job.  Im still sort of angry about it, but whatever.  Mets are coming to town this weekend and Im going.  So Im looking forward to that. 

Thats it today my lovely bwain eaters.  I love the below pic.  Every time I say Bwainz its what I think of.  Hope this brightens up you zomibilicious day!



No comments:

Post a Comment